Seeking a highly motivated protein chemist with expertise in integral membrane proteins, and a track record of generating high-quality recombinant protein for structural biology, biochemistry and biophysics experiments.
* Expression, purification, and characterization of integral membrane proteins for structural biology and biophysical experiments.
* Expertise in designing and implementing protein purification protocols to generate high quality, homogeneous protein, using various chromatography methods such as affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange.
* Pro-actively troubleshoot the expression and purification of challenging targets to ensure consistent deliveries of high-quality protein.
* Characterization of the stability and homogeneity of purified proteins using techniques such as FPLC, HPLC, SDS-PAGE, LC-MS.
* An open mindset and willingness to learn new techniques as needed to support the Protein Sciences group is desirable.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years' experience in a research laboratory. Industry experience is highly desired.
* Proven record and expertise in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to produce and analyze data and communicate them effectively.
* Team oriented, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, timeline-driven work environment.
* Excellent organizational and documentational practices.