A leading Medical Device company are actively seeking a motivated candidate to fill their R&D Engineer II role. This is an initial 12-month contract role with opportunity to extend/ convert to FTE. This is an onsite role based in Irvine, CA working full- time standard office hours. Salary range between $38-43/hour depending on experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 3-5 years experience required OR
- Master's degree in Engineering and 1-2 years experience required.
- Prior experience as a sustaining engineer in a medically regulated industry.
- Design verification and validation experience in the medical device industry.
- Basic understanding of Solidworks CAD system.
- Exposure to failure mode analysis.
- PPK, MLTL, or any base level knowledge of statistical tools or analysis.
- Generate work instructions, test methods, engineering drawings/prototypes, etc. to establish/characterize product and/or process specifications.
- Create/update portions of design control documents including requirement specs and risk documents.
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers.