The Release and Readiness Manager, reporting into the Implementation Manager is responsible for associated activities outlined within the Readiness & Implementation Management lifecycle, including scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the estate for multiple products using cloud- based technology to deploy code into Pre-Production, all Testing and Production environments.
The Release scope can be inclusive of single product upgrades, complex multiple product upgrades, third party and client lead initiatives, small projects to large programmes, whilst minimising any adverse effects to stakeholders/clients or processes. The Release and Readiness Manager will also support key business and strategic objectives with the provision of management information and analysis as directed.
ROLE DESCRIPTION / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Accountable for all readiness and implementation activity within defined operational standards and agreed performance targets ensuring all activity remains on track.
* Accountable for all readiness and implementation documentation and scope associated to a release.
Ensuring the Release Definition Document (RDD) is maintained, Schedule of Events, Readiness, and
"Go/no Go" packs are created and that benefits realisation is understood.
* Accountable for formal Go/no Go sessions with all clients and internal stakeholders.
* Accountable for driving work efficiencies along with continuous improvement initiatives within the
Release Management function.
* Accountable for the all activity associated to the release roadmap, aligning code drops for major release into test and production environments
* Accountable for direct management and all activity carried out by Release and Readiness Analysts.
* Responsible for all gateway approvals within the release life cycle ensuring all governance policies are adhered to.
* Responsibility for personal development and progression to ensure there are no single point of failure within the team.
* Drive the identification of internal and external dependencies and providing support, ensuring objectives, and working practices.
* Drive opportunities which improve quality and efficiencies within Release Management to enhance productivity within the department and across the business.
* Assist the Change Delivery Lead with all internal and external stakeholder engagement surrounding release activity for defined packages of work.
* Ensure all release activities including estimates of time are on track outlined within baselined plans and that any deviations are addressed and tracked appropriately.
* Provide subject matter expertise and support to areas of the business in relation to the release management processes along with maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
* Support Change Delivery Manager/Head of Release Management in the completion of defined tasks and responsibilities within service level agreements.
* Complete all regular and periodic tasks as outlined in relevant procedures in your department.
* Enforce adherence to Release policy and procedures at all times.
* Facilitate Senior Stakeholder sessions by using Management Information and analysis to support departmental and organisational goals and objectives.
* Organise and Chair the fortnightly stakeholder session outlining future activity.
* Record and monitor RAIDs identified and associated with Release activity, and chair IT RAID
meetings when required
* Promote best practice to align with the Release Management framework.
6 months intilal contract
£500-£530 per day