Research Associate II (Pathobiology)
6-month contract. Bay Area, CA. Onsite, Hybrid, and Remote considered.
*Salary range between $35-40 /hour depending on experience*
The In Vivo Pathology (IVP) team within the Pathobiology department of a leading Biopharma company is seeking a Research Associate II to support the management of downstream pathology workflows in support of pre-clinical in vivo pharmacological studies. This position will support drug development in diverse therapeutic areas such as fibrosis, inflammation, oncology, and virology.
A successful candidate will enjoy process optimization, management, working in a team; carefully follow scientific protocols and apply meticulous attention to detail. This individual will also be responsible for utilizing and maintaining the inventory tracking and study management tools in the lab, they'll be highly organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an area of biological, medical, or relevant scientific field.
- Strong scientific communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability.
- Advanced planning, organization, and process management skills.
- Complete working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with statistical analysis software (i.e., PRISM GraphPad, Spotfire).
- Experience using database and tracking tools (i.e., Smartsheet, SharePoint, MS Projects).
- Highly motivated with a "can do" attitude and commitment to work as part of a team.
- Project and/or study management experience.
- Histology and/or Pathology Lab experience.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Support the management of pathology workflows in support of pre-clinical studies.
- Coordinate with external partners, to include CROs and academic collaborators.
- Ensure all related work and data generation is in alignment with internal methods and standards.
- Manage sample tracking and communicate updates and instructions to downstream stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Best Practices.
- Track the development and implementation of histology assays.
- Maintain standardization of histology sample collection, processing, storage, and analysis.
- Work with Pathologists to communicate project status, QC data, and create pathology reports.
- Compile quantitative image analysis data.