*If interested in this role please email your up to date CV to "firstname.lastname@example.org"*
A leading Biopharma company are actively seeking a motivated, team-oriented individual with scientific expertise in process development as well as pre-clinical and clinical operations related to recombinant proteins to fill their Research Associate II opportunity. This is an initial 6-month contract role with opportunity to extend/ convert to FTE. This is an on-site role based out of Oceanside, CA and the salary ranges between $35-40/hour depending on experience.
This successful candidate will be working in the Biologics Development Operations Department. Working Hours: Mon-Fri business hours. Some flexibility on start time; core hours are covered by the whole team.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Requires a BS (2+ years of experience) or MS (0+ years) in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline and relevant experience that demonstrates experience in purification process development.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- The successful candidate will have a working understanding of downstream process development and scale up including centrifugation, normal flow filtration, chromatography operations, tangential flow filtration, and virus inactivation/removal. The ability to demonstrate hands on experience in several of these areas is expected.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Hands-on execution of all aspects of purification process development, process scale up and GMP manufacturing support.
- Ability to work with increasing independence in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation.
- Willingness to proactively seeking out senior personnel to define goals, design experiments, discuss results and suggest next steps.