We are working closely with a leading biopharma company located in Foster City, who are looking to hire a Research Associate III to join their IHC core group. This opportunity is offered on an initial 12 month contract basis, with potential to extend/convert to FTE. The chosen individual will be responsible for preparing, cutting, and performing basic staining, in addition to operating a variety of different digital glass slide imagers. This is an onsite lab role, based out of Foster City, CA.
Primary duties include:
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by scientists and pathologist(s), in accordance with policies and procedures
- Perform sample preparation including tissue sectioning, tissue staining, coverslipping, and scanning
- Independently operate a variety of brightfield slide scanners and automated lab equipment
Required Work Experience
- BS degree in life science or science-related field
- Proficient tissue sectioning experience is a must with at least 2+ years of experience in histology
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certification is a plus, but not required
- Immunohistochemistry experience preferred but not required
Please apply with an up to date copy of your resume to be considered.