We are seeking an experienced and motivated Research Associate who will join our dynamic team in Palo Alto. This role will contribute to the growth of our research portfolio by developing assay strategies to advance the discovery and validation of novel cardio immunology therapies. As an RA in a small company, you will also have the opportunity to oversee general lab management activities. This position is ideal for a talented, highly motivated and results driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment.
- Support various R&D projects related to drug discovery, cell free assays, elisa, RNA engineering, FACS, and protein analysis.
- Oversee our laboratory facilities and equipment, laboratory safety procedures, and inventory management.
- Facilitate equipment maintenance, calibration, and repairs.
- Developing facilities and lab-related policies, procedures, and training.
- Facilitate ordering and managing relationships with vendors and suppliers of laboratory consumables, services, and equipment.
- Perform other duties as required in supporting in vitro studies such qRT-PCR, immunocytochemistry, and other protocols.
- BA with 3+ years of relevant industry experience, or M.Ss. with equivalent experience.
- Demostrated proficiency with executing general molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with large molecule or biologics discovery R&D.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with both collaborative and goal/results-orientated projects.
- Critical thinking with the ability to analyze possibilities and prioritize solutions.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- To perform this duty the employee must have the ability to sit or stand at and operate a computer terminal and walk or travel within the facility. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.