We are seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist to support drug discovery efforts within a leading Biotechnology client of ours. This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA, and is offered on an initial 6 month contract basis. The ideal individual will have hands on experience executing and analyzing data from high-throughput assays.
- Execute a variety of target and phenotypic cell-based assays to support early lead discovery programs using automation tools.
- Execute assays that are primary screens designed to identify leads and to support MedChem to identify clinical candidates.
- Provide analysis of HTS and/or SAR-MedChem assay data to identify and characterize potential drug candidates
- Effectively collate and interpret data systematically and make recommendations for next steps
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and results (both verbally and in writing) to a broad range of audiences.
- Identify areas for streamlining workflows where warranted
- PhD with 0-3 years postdoctoral experience or MS/BS with 3+/6+ years industry experience
- Experience with executing and analyzing data from high-throughput assays
- Experience with liquid handling equipment and general plate handling automation preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the use of automation and HTS instrumentation
- Proficient in strong data analysis skills, computer skills and the ability to draw conclusions and communicate results from large data sets
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, detail oriented individual able to multitask and follow directions
- Critical thinking and the ability to learn and apply troubleshooting techniques for automation is key
- Demonstrated strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Must be flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to work rotating weekend shifts according to business needs
- Must have a high aptitude for common computer programs (e.g. MS Office), in addition to being comfortable in learning new software and hardware systems
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment