We are currently supporting a requisition for a Senior Accountant at a leading Biotechnology company in Boston, MA.
The position provides exposure to key accounting and reporting areas and offers development opportunities that can lead to advanced roles within the accounting organization or within other departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting field
- 3-5 years proven experience in an accounting environment, preferably within a pharmaceutical company and/or Big 4 Accounting firm.
- Experience with Oracle Financial software a plus
- Expertise with Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency in Hyperion and Business intelligence platforms a plus.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and financial metrics. Experience working closely with Finance and IT a plus.
- Strong business acumen and judgment; knowledge of the company's markets/products and industry trends is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience with SOX
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset, with flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
General Role Description
- Independent preparation and/or review of journal entries for a number of general ledger accounts across various entities.
- Independent preparation and/or review of monthly and quarterly account analyses and reconciliations for a number of general ledger accounts across various entities.
- Collaborates with functional finance contacts to analyze and succinctly summarize monthly and quarterly fluctuations in key business accruals
- Maintains and leverages the financial accounting systems and processes in order to inform critical financial decision-making company-wide.
- Provides and interprets data for external auditors during quarterly and year end audits.
- Coordinates SOX documentation and testing with the internal audit team and quarterly footnote and disclosure deliverables with the SEC reporting team.
- Mentors and works closely with all members of team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Proactively provides observations/recommendations to all levels of management on gaining efficiencies in the monthly GL Close process. Experience with robotics and project management tools a plus.
- Formulates and provides guidance with regard to accounting policies to all levels of both the Corporate Departments in Boston and at other locations.
- Partner in championing change and the supporting projects. Ensures team understands the links between the changes and the strategic business direction. Assists with the development and communication of the vision, business case, and requirements for change.