Seeking a self-motivated individual to take a position in a fast-paced environment as a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will report to and work closely with the Accounting Manager, and others in the organization in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls. The ideal candidate possesses solid leadership skills, operational / technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations to support the monthly close process.
- Management of monthly bank reconciliations
- Support the monthly and/or quarterly close process by preparing other GL account reconciliations as required.
- Prepare and deliver a summary of cash position in support of weekly planned cash disbursements.
- Support AP function, including downloading invoices, identifying coding, routing for approvals, adding that to Great plains, applying payments.
- Management of accrued expenses to ensure completeness & and accuracy for financial reporting.
- Prepare and manage PO-related and clinical trial-related accruals, as required.
- Review certain monthly close entries in support of the Staff Accountant
- Maintain fixed asset subledger and roll forward; analyze to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare and/or assist with monthly/quarterly financial statement analysis to support internal and external financial reporting (i.e., account fluctuation analysis)
- Assist with budget development, review, and rolling forecast updates as required.
- Prepare insurance schedules for annual renewals Perform royalty analysis and accrue receivables for financial reporting, as required.
- Assist with conducting SOX compliance and internal control processes.
- Support the Accounting Manager, Controller and CFO, as applicable, with ad hoc duties.
- Performs other accounting related tasks as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong understanding of general accounting principles and finance processes, set up and operations.
- Experience working in a biotech/pharmaceutical and clinical trial environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong cross-functional team experience with exceptional written and oral communication.
- Demonstrates strong problem‐solving and leadership skill sets.
- Strong knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (US GAAP). International experience is a plus.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, proactive, and confident in identifying problems and solutions.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.