PLEASE NOTE - THIS ROLE REQUIRES YOU TO BE BASED IN AUSTRALIA AND HAVE FULL WORKING RIGHTS
Rate: $700-800 incl super
Duration: 6 months initially (with extensions)
Location: Sydney (1-2 days in the office)
Our client is looking for multiple Senior Quality Engineers to assist them in their commercial services projects. This client offers a flexible working environment as well as cutting edge work within the commercial space.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, product owners, and business analysts, to ensure Quality is embedded from the very start, enabling the team to "shift left"
- Design and implement robust and scalable automation frameworks from scratch. Collaborate with the product and development teams to capture requirements early and accurately, as executable specifications to achieve in-sprint test automation
- Champion code quality, software design, and testability. You have a good understanding of the test pyramid, BDD feature and example mapping, and this informs your approach to software testing
- Support various types of testing, including functional- manual and automation including exploratory, integration, performance, and security testing, using appropriate tools
- Support Release Management processes and DevOps activities
- Mentor and support team members, sharing your knowledge and expertise in test automation and collaborative quality engineering practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- A good understanding of the Gherkin language- ability to capture requirements
- Proficient in developing and maintaining automated test suites and test scripts for functional and non-functional testing like performance testing using jmeter, Gatling, etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery practices using tools like Bamboo, Jenkins, Git, Docker, or similar and support release management processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and debug complex software systems.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with a team-oriented mindset and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional environments.
- Demonstrated experience in driving and implementing quality engineering best practices and standards.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software products within Agile teams.
- Certifications related to quality engineering, Agile methodologies, or test automation (e.g., ISTQB, CSM, Selenium WebDriver).
- Experience with cloud technologies and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Familiarity with performance testing tools (e.g., JMeter, Gatling) and load testing techniques.
- Experience with Mobile Automation Frameworks such as Appium, Espresso or XCUITest will be a plus
Please submit your CV asap and I will get back to you with more details if suitable!