Senior Business Analyst
Kansas City, MO
Contract to Hire
- The Senior Business Analyst (SBA) will collaborate to support company's Strategic Initiatives Department for their enterprise resource planning (ERP) program.
- The senior business analyst will assist in identifying business needs, problems, and opportunities to provide solutions to deliver value to the organization.
- Work with business capability owners, enterprise architects and business architects to define the company's business capabilities, value streams, and business processes in detail.
- Document and analyze business processes working with stakeholders to understand the current state and identify areas of improvement, potential bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Document and design the future state based on the analysis of the current state identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Works with business and enterprise architecture to develop the business architecture framework that defines the relationships between the organization's business processes, systems, and data.
- Assists in developing the plan for the company's future state to help guide decision-making.
- Assist the company in developing and implementing business transformation strategies that align with the company's strategic goals.
- Leverages a broad set of disciplines (including expertise with strategic planning, project management, facilitation, and change management and communications) between themselves, the program team and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between stakeholders to ensure that everyone is aligned and working towards the same goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or related degree from an accredited program and 7 years of applicable experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to challenge the company to consider all options available and provide recommendations to ensure initiatives are progressing.
- Experience in project management from start to full implementation using Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with bespoke in-house systems.
- Experience working within the engineering industry.
- Good presentation skills.
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise resource planning, business analysis, enterprise architecture, and/or business architecture, methodologies, and tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve appropriate issues and accomplish objectives.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, coaching, and written communication skills, as well as tact, diplomacy, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Experience with large-scale ERP efforts preferred.
- PMI-PBA®, IIBA®-AAC, and/or CBAP® certification preferred.
- Organizational change management experience preferred.