Our client is a major technology company based in Sydney where they are looking for a Java Developer with significant experience building server-side applications. Working on highly scalable, distributed systems you will be involved in everything from the development, design and architecture to decisions on the future technical stack.
This role offers a great chance to join a team of extremely talented engineers working on cutting edge, highly complex applications. The position will also give you the chance to gain exposure to a range of other languages/technologies. This contract role will initially be 6 months with the potential to extend.
Our client is seeking an experienced Java Developer where key responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of new business systems
- Develop technical specifications based on analysis of business and functional requirements
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections
- Produce well-structured programs/designs, which comply with documented coding standards
To be successful in this role the client is looking for:
- Min 5 years Software Development experience with Java
- Min 3-5 years experience in Java related libraries (Spring-boot, JMS, and JPA etc.)
- Strong SQL Server development experience, dealing with complex views and procedures
- Exposure to AWS services (pref. lambda, elastic beanstalk, RDS, Cloudformation)
- Strong experience in Docker, CICD (pref Buildkite)
- Experience in automation and scripting
- Good understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Experience in delivering major pieces of work in a complex, agile environment
What's on offer?
- A very exciting opportunity to work for a market-leading organisation
- Very competitive daily rate
- Excellent career progression opportunities, as well as flexible working arrangements, leadership and development programs
If you are interested in this role, please press apply.