Hydrogen is working on an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join a fast growing legal and regulatory consultancy firm with an international portfolio of clients across the crypto and blockchain industries.
The successful candidate will be working on regulatory matters falling within the scope of the European Union and Maltese legislative frameworks as well as have the opportunity to touch upon regulatory matters pertaining to other jurisdictions across other continents. You will be working a wide variety of cutting-edge regulatory projects and exposed to some of the most prominent players in the industry. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a highly experienced and driven team, with ample flexibility and support to further one's knowledge and professional development.
This organisation is able to offer fully remote working options to employees across Europe.
· Taking the lead in providing legal support and regulatory advice to clients, primarily in relation to crypto-assets, company law, investment services, financial institutions, capital markets and funds;
· Mentor more junior lawyers and assisting them with escalated client queries;
· Drafting of legal opinions and reviewing legal opinions of more junior lawyers, including amongst others, classifying tokens/crypto-assets under various legal regimes;
· Assisting the Legal team manager in reviewing of agreements, drafting of policies, procedures or any other documents required by clients;
· Communicating effectively with external parties, including local and foreign competent authorities and external consultants;
· Assisting clients with licence applications, including drafting/ reviewing of business plans and liaising with competent authorities.
· Keeping up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business, including the financial services and crypto-asset sectors and transforming that knowledge into content for regular articles and/or internal training.
· Qualified lawyer with 3+ years' PQE worth of hands-on experience in investment services, financial institutions and/or capital markets with a keen interest in following the latest developments across such industries, particularly the crypto-asset industry;
· Preference will be given to those candidates who also have additional experience or working knowledge in data protection and intellectual property law.
· A strong grasp of company law, contract law, European Union law and financial services legislation;
· Strong client relationship management skills, able to communicate effectively through various channels;
· A personality driven by excellence with a high-standard service mentality when dealing with clients and third-parties;
· An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remaining composed under pressure; and
· Fluency in the English language, both spoken and written is a must.
If you would like to find out more on a confidential basis, please express your interest via this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please rest assured that all enquiries will be received in the strictest confidence and no personal details will be shared with any other party without your express consent.