Senior Medical Adviser, Cardiovascular
Major Tasks and responsibilities:
Dealing with People/Leadership:
- Proactive team member, able to prioritise tasks in a timely and appropriate manner within the team.
- Works effectively within, and lead a variety of medical, cross-functional and ad-hoc teams at local, national and global levels.
- To identify and respond positively to changing customer and organisational needs.
Dealing with Internal and External Customers
- To make (and maintain) contact with investigators and key opinion leaders other relevant UK decision makers, and patient groups to ascertain customer needs and insights.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Provide input at a Global level through RMAT/GMAT for all relevant product/therapeutic area(s)
- To develop, approve and deliver Sales Force training as required.
- Oversee process of Thought Leader (TL) management at country level for Cardiovascular portfolio and serve as liaison with TLs on a country level.
- To assist in the formulation and planning of UK strategy for life cycle management of specified marketed Company's products.
- Oversee medical affairs activities connected to the respective Therapeutic Area BU scientific publication processes, Regional TL development programs and Regional medical congress activities.
- To contribute to the design and conduct of ICDP, ICMP and domestic clinical trials conducted in the UK
- Monitor and communicate country level product strategies for the BU portfolio, and communicate specific country needs for portfolio to the Country Medical Director.
- To provide medical support for local and international regulatory activities.
- Support the Country Medical Director in Medical Marketing and Medical Information.
- To provide clinical leadership in obtaining health technology approvals for Company's products, in partnership with Health Economics and Outcomes Research.
- Support Regional/ Global Medical Affairs, Global Development and Regulatory strategy for the respective Therapeutic Area, through participation in meetings and ensuring alignment with Medical Affairs Cardiovascular regional and global colleagues.
- Review and approval of advertising and promotional materials for medical content (local law).
- To assist with planning and management of IIR/Registries and other Phase IV studies as appropriate
- Assists in developing medical sections of the package insert and product monographs when requested.
- To provide appropriate medical advice on marketed products and clinical trials for investigators, prescribers, pharmacists and members of the public outside normal office hours.
- Provide expertise for press releases, Q&A, product monographs, brochures and field communications for the respective Therapeutic Area portfolio and assist in issue management for Company's pharmaceutical products.
- Ensure close cooperation with the Drug safety department.
- Training of Cardiovascular Medical Science Liaisons, if relevant.
- Provide support and assist in planning of country strategy for the launch of new compounds and life cycle management of marketed Company's Pharmaceutical products.
Who you are?
- Previous relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in the United Kingdom
- ABPI final signatory credentials
- A medical degree from anywhere in the world or a UK registered pharmacist.
- Postgraduate degree in life sciences is preferred
- Postdoctoral studies are preferred but not essential.
- Previous cardiovascular focused research or clinical experience is preferred but not essential