The Release Train Engineer has primary purpose of supporting an Agile Release Train by steering it to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in large environments. The RTE helps resolve and escalate impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives program level continuous improvement. The RTE is accountable for the overall coordination, execution and delivery of value through the program while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Must understand the difference between being Agile and doing Agile.
- Can demonstrate the comprehension of a lean-Agile mindset and practices with the ability to develop others in this area.
- Servant leader and communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software.
- Experience applying Lean Thinking and Systems Thinking in large organizations.
- Experience with Lean Portfolio Management facilitation for program, portfolio, or executive-level.
- Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling model.
- Prior experience as a RTE, VSE, Scrum Master, Project or Program Manager
- Advanced degree in industry related subject.
- Agile Certification (CSM, PSM, or PMI-ACP).
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- SAFe Agilist (SA) or other SAFe certifications preferred.