Seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate to become an integral part of the gene therapy drug development effort. We seek candidates who think critically and have the desire and ability to learn new techniques. This position requires adaptability and an ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment. A qualified candidate will have broad technical experience in molecular biology, gene therapy, nucleic acid therapeutics, oligonucleotide therapeutics, biochemistry, physiology, and/or pharmacology.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the biological sciences (e.g. Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Physiology, or related field) with 2-5 years of relevant postgraduate research experience.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Creativity and the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of performing qPCR and ddPCR analytical assays.
- Proficiency in state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques e.g. DNA/RNA/protein isolation, western blotting, ELISA.
- Experience in performing data analysis using GraphPad Prism or similar software.
- Familiarity with ELN platforms ideally with Benchling.
- Strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
Preferred candidates will have experience with:
- Mammalian cell culture.
- Histology analysis (e.g. ISH, IHC).
- Familiarity with NGS-based techniques (e.g. RNA-seq, scRNA-seq).
- Familiarity with Olink-based proteomics analysis.