Our client is continuing their journey with multiple projects where they are looking for an AWS Solution Architect to join their organisation on a permanent basis. This client is working on multiple projects which would give you an exciting opportunity to cutting edge Technology tools in AWS.
This role offers a great chance to join a team of extremely talented Developers and Project Manager's working on cutting edge, highly complex applications. The Solution Architect is responsible for the design of technology solutions with a focus on native AWS platform capabilities. The role is expected to define & own cloud-based solutions and work with the development teams, solution delivery teams and the external/internal support team to deliver quality outcomes and reduce operational costs. This is a technical role and will suit someone with a passion for cloud technology and technical architecture.
The key responsibilities will include;
- Maintain and enhance the reference architecture for AWS-based cloud platform.
- Define and maintain cloud architecture assets and roadmaps based on changes in business scenarios, environment, technology architecture and regulation.
- Work within the Architecture team to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with the clients architecture frameworks
- Define and maintain the security architecture for cloud and EUC platforms
- Define security requirements for an application or specify optimum security design for major technology implementations.
- Analyse technology and security industry trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture.
- Work closely with teams to provide security advice and define security architectures/designs
- Work on projects to deliver Technology Solution Design artefacts including Conceptual Designs, High Level Designs, Technical Assessments, Solution Options Papers
- Assess new technologies, vendors and services against security standards.
- Work closely with (and guide) the Engineering, Security, Data, and Operations teams on designing and implementing cloud-based engineering solutions
- Facilitate open communication, capture and disseminate business and technical information to stakeholders.
- Several years experience as a Solution architect
- At least 3 years working on the AWS platform designing native AWS solutions
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Security, including security standards and frameworks
- Good working knowledge of the AWS Well Architected framework
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated experience with the Microsoft 365 platform from an architecture perspective
- Architecture/implementation experience across many integration projects and engagements.
- Experienced in working collaboratively with the key players involved in the SDLC, including external vendors
- Experience working with BAs to ensure high quality of business and technical requirements
- Good working knowledge of agile (SCRUM) software/product delivery and lean working
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a great contract where you will have access to market leading tools, expert colleagues and a modern working environment. This opportunity offers a competitive daily rate as well as other excellent benefits. If you are interested in this role, please press apply.