Hydrogen Group are currently looking for a Senior Technical Programme Manager to work for a large retail company. The company are looking for a permanent member of staff. The successful candidate will be expected onsite 2 days per week. The office location is Welwyn Garden City. There is an excellent benefits package which includes bonus along with a market leading salary.
About the role
This is an opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager to lead a team who together will be ambassadors for functions within Technology and the business. The successful candidate will engage across a broad part of the organisation understanding how the company's products and services function. The successful candidate will have strong stakeholder management skills, able to influence at all levels and be skilled at shaping programmes from early inception and then taking them through to delivery.
· Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key business priorities
· Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
· Initiate and shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
· Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
· Understand trade-offs in software delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
· Able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussions, and manage escalations
· Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
· Able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
· Ask probing questions of Engineering and Product teams to ensure solutions meet programme objectives
· Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
· Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
· Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
Key Skills and Experience
· Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
· Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
· Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
· Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
· Exceptional reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
· Excellent communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
· Proven track record of development and management of teams.