Service Asset & Configuration Management Analyst
9 Months contract
£475-£520 p/d Inside
Looking for a motivated, passionate Service Asset & Configuration Management Analyst experienced within a complex ITIL environment who will be part of a team responsible for the CMDB and our Technology infrastructure & architecture repository
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the quality and ongoing maintenance of the ServiceNow CMDB including querying, analysing and reporting of IT Asset & Configuration Item data.
- Be responsible for administrating discovery scans from BMC Discovery tool and following up with stakeholders so that service maps can be created.
- Work autonomously within established Service Asset & Configuration Management procedures and practices; proposing improvements to processes and methods as needed.
- Be responsible for working with stakeholders to improve CMDB data quality against agreed KPIs, including CI relationships and service modelling.
- Ensure the requirements for new services and technology introduced to the business are understood and successfully implemented.
- Confidently provide education and support to stakeholders to help the understanding and adoption of IT Asset & Configuration Management processes.
- Proactively engage with technologists and stakeholders across the organisation to ensure the evolution of the IT asset and configuration management capability.
- Work with IT Service Management, Project Management, and IT Support Managers to integrate and automate ITSM processes.
What you'll bring
- Experience working with ServiceNow CMDB and ITSM tools. BMC Discovery knowledge is very desirable.
- Experience using discovery tooling to scan and discover a technology estate.
- Experience maintaining and supporting a CMDB, in a large and complex environment, with multiple technologies, within an ITIL framework.
- Experience of working to improve CMDB KPIs.
- An aptitude for identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- Capability to plan your own time, prioritise tasks and manage expectations with stakeholders.
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely, adjusting your style to suit the audience from varying levels of our organisation.
- A talent for building relationships across the organisation utilising emotional intelligence in all interactions.