- Provide 1st / 2nd line Operations Support for Cloud applications including membership of the on-call support Rota.
- Provide Infrastructure domain expertise in support of clients's cloud platforms running in Microsoft Azure.
- Be proactively responsible for ensuring the health of the cloud platform through regular maintenance activities, audit reviews and through the development of continuous improvement goals.
- Drive the technical design and implementation for Janus Henderson's hybrid cloud capabilities, including establishing design and engineering patterns.
- Develop Infrastructure as Code, for use at scale within an Enterprise Environment, to support automated consistency to the patterns using Terraform, Yaml and Azure DevOps Pipelines and Repos.
- Develop and mature CloudOps capabilities within the team and identify simplification opportunities for operational processes.
- Engage in, or help develop, governance processes that ensure systems compliance to cllient's cloud computing policy.
- Provide technical leadership and consultancy at initiation and design phases within projects and other changes which impact the hybrid cloud platform.
- Write clear and concise design & support documentation that is consistent with clients design principles.
- Identify and promote innovative technologies that provide value as business enablers or build improvements in business process, cost, performance, and sustainability.
- Provide integration skills and experience to ensure the interoperability of new and existing systems.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Must have skills
- Recent experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS & IaaS offerings in both an infrastructure and application context.
- Solid experience as either a Cloud Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer in a global enterprise.
- Strong development experience of IaC using Terraform.
- Significant experience with Microsoft identity systems including Active Directory, Azure AD and associated technologies.
- Significant breadth of experience across business, application and data Architecture Domains.
- Proven problem management and resolution skills.
- Experience of working within an Agile framework.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Strong customer / stakeholder management skills across all levels of the business.
The base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $155,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different.