This position must be able to work onsite in Vancouver, WA.
The client is open to relocation candidates and will provide a relocation package.
Sr. Scientist needed to serve as a leader on the Downstream Process Development team. As part of the downstream process development management, you will have the opportunity to take ownership for the development of robust processes, tech transfer, new technology initiatives, workflow implementation and creating an environment that fosters collaboration and communication across multi-disciplinary teams.
You will make decisions and drive change from the ground floor as we grow the organization and expand capabilities to meet project goals and advance our core technology.
- Manage a sub-team of downstream process development scientists and research associates.
- Train and mentor junior team members to assist in their development, providing
- knowledge transfer, hands-on technical training, modeling best practices, and setting priorities and clear expectations.
- Serve as subject matter expert for downstream process development
- Develop downstream processes for large molecules including the design, execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation of results
- Generate and review high quality technical documents, procedures and scientific presentations to communicate experimental results and conclusions
- Actively engage and collaborate across functional teams to advance project objectives
- Drive continuous improvement and provide technical expertise to ensure timely resolution of project related issues and gaps.
- PhD or MS degree in biochemistry, biochemical engineering, process engineering or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in biologics downstream process development
- In-depth understanding of purification processes (chromatography, filtration, depth filtration, column packing, tangential flow filtration) and equipment (AKTA)
- Understanding of regulatory and quality requirements for biological process development at various developmental phases
- People management experience leading indirect or direct reports in a matrix organization
- Industry experience developing downstream processes for biologics produced in microbial and mammalian expression systems.