Location: Onsite: Oceanside - San Diego, CA
Contract: 6 months, with possibility of further 6 months
Pay rate: $50-$55/hour
A leading Biotech company are seeking a Supply Chain Specialist IV, with expertise in scheduling, maintenance and production, to join their team in Oceanside, San Diego.
- Strong understanding of capacity planning / detailed scheduling processes, asset / resource management (scheduling time on assets / job plans / BOMs), schedule level loading in ERP systems (Maximo / Oracle preferred, SAP and other systems).
- Performs detailed scheduling (and confirmation of material and resource availability) for maintenance and production, managing time on GMP assets to ensure production schedules can be adhered to and equipment is properly maintained.
- Works with vendors to obtain quotes for services, drafts legal work orders and review legal MSAs, ensuring work is within scope of agreements with vendor service providers.
- Participate and/or lead scheduling forums, reviewing firm and proposed schedules, tracking actions, KPIs and clearly communicating requirements and gaps that are impacting workflow.
- Prepare preventative maintenance capacity plans and schedules that are in sync with the organization's maintenance goals.
- Coordinate planned downtimes to reduce mean time between failures and minimize interference with production schedules.
- Compiles and analyzes non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities - e.g. inventory levels, inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule. Maintains KPIs and prepares reports as requested and required.
- Performs non-routine activities relating to changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock. Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate external or cross-functional contacts. Negotiates and monitors levels of service or performance provided, communicates areas of concern to resolve issues.
- Generates and reviews documents such as work orders, contracts, purchase orders, material transfer requests, or shipping documentation.
- Tracks progress with department supervisors, readjusts schedules and communicates changes according to production progress, change orders, manpower requirements, product availability or other conditions impacting timelines.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA or 2+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA/MS.
- Experience and proficient with enterprise systems, Oracle, SAP, Maximo preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with maintenance and production scheduling desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to create written communication that is properly structured providing clear and concise messages.
- Strong analytical and problem skills preferred.