Test Manager (Pensions background)
£500 p/d Inside
Remote with occasional travel
- A fantastic opportunity to join a great team within the Insurance, Pensions & Investments business unit. This role is part of the central testing capability and will be focused on test management. The role will provide test leadership and management.
- Application functional testing.
- Scope testing looking at reqs making sure that tests are executed to those environments
- Test lead and hands on experience within Waterfall and Agile projects, with a strong understanding of testing phases and deliverables.
- Pro-active in managing test dependencies, coordinating test coverage and execution.
- Defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions across testing.
- Ability to work with all relevant parties to ensure an effective test service is maintained throughout the delivery life cycle
- Pensions/Investments background and knowledge
- Key Accountabilities
- Work closely with the individual work streams development, testing teams, operations groups and third party vendors for the planning, managing, and implementation of testing across IT and Networks
- Manage a team of test analysts, work with digital stakeholders on activities and responsible for the day to day management of the Route to Live Environments. Providing input into the overall calendar approach for Releases, Defect management and Environment Provisioning
- Resource planning and allocation of test tasks/activities
- Manage the RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions) Log related to test plans
- Manage and coordinate appropriate governance and meetings, working in partnership with all key stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of the service are clearly understood.
- Accountable for producing monthly reports and service metrics.
- Managing new resource requirements and other operational requirements.
- Be data driven and bring evidence-based decision-making to explain 'why'
- Strong communication skills and an ability to influence alignment up and down the Group
- Intellectually curious, loves learning new skills & capabilities and role models the learning culture
- Inspire the team with energy and passion with a focus on collaboration
- Influence with and without authority, trusting and empowering the Team with responsibility; comfortable challenging stakeholders