A fast growth technology business focused on big data and Artificial intelligence (AI) are looking to hire an ACA, CA big 4 qualified, Financial Controller to drive a growing finance function. Reporting to the CFO.
The business currently turns over circa £35m and partners with some of the UK's biggest organisations to leverage data and AI to make an impact. Founded five years ago, they now have over 60 blue-chip clients, 250 staff, are profitable and cash generative. This is an exciting period of growth with new client acquisition, international expansion, and potential transactions on the agenda.
Managing the finance team, you will be able to make a significant impact and contribution in these transformative years to help analyse strategic decisions and build a business which can continue to scale robustly and efficiently.
- Working closely with the CFO to grow and mature the finance function in line with the fast growth of the business
- The role will comprise accounting, financial analysis, financial planning, system improvements, processes, and controls.
- Many of the initial duties will quickly evolve from 'doing' towards 'managing' as the team grows
- Preparing monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary, together with quarterly re-forecasting and cash forecasts
- Assisting with implementing a broader cross-department project to improve management information and hence assist business growth and profitability
- Budgeting, forecasting, sales pipeline analysis and growth scenario analysis
- Overseeing cash flow management
- Driving improvements to financial systems and processes and improving efficiency
- Assisting in coaching and developing the finance team together with recruiting as the business continues to scale
- Ensure compliance with regulations, liaise with auditors and prepare HMRC and VAT returns
- An ACA or CA, qualified chartered accountant with at least 5 years post qualification experience. Ideally from Big 4
- A commercial mindset, understanding the key drivers of a business
- Hands on approach with a can-do attitude
- Strong intellectual and accounting base, with good problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Innovative and capable of adapting with a fast-developing work environment
- High standards and have always been a top performer in your career
- Strong Excel and accounting software skills.
- Interest (or experience) in AI and Data
If you would like to be a part of a fast growth organisation operating in one of the most exciting tech sectors, then please apply.