Role: Group Financial Reporting Accountant
Rate: £500 via Ltd Company
Location: Cambridge (3-4 days per week on-site)
Duration: 6 Months initially
Our global Biopharmaceutical client is currently looking for an experienced fully qualified accountant with an audit background to provide first-line support and oversight to the Group Consolidation team. Within this role, the successful candidate will be essential in the following functions:
· leading monthly feedback and performance reporting process with Group Finance Services
· a key role in the preparation and review of the Annual Reports
· managing matters with external auditors throughout the year to ensure a successful year-end audit
· assisting with activities relating to the SOX reporting timetable to ensure all key deadlines are met/work performed
· advising on reporting treatment and provide other practical support as required by reporting units
· supporting the business consolidation continual improvement process, sharing best practice amongst the team and the wider business finance community
· preparing quality financial analysis and develop recommendations to remediate reporting errors and complexities
· ad-hoc review/analysis and/or BAU activities
· Supporting Group Consolidation team with Financial Reporting and other Central Accounting requirements
As a member of Group Financial Reporting, you will liaise regularly with many internal stakeholders and our external auditors.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified accountant with 5+ years of post-qualification experienced
- Significant experience of financial statement preparation and external audit
- Understanding of consolidation mechanics and systems/tools, preferably Oracle Hyperion.
- Experience of reporting under IFRS
- Experience of financial control and SOX frameworks
- Proven delivery in a large and complex business environments.
- Apply experience and expertise to ensure objectives are met even when under pressure.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - able to identify, analyse and offer other solutions to complex problems.
- Intercompany profit elimination / Intercompany reporting
- Large organisation group financial reporting.
- Stakeholder management / management experience
- Consolidation experience
Desirable for the role
- Experience of external audit
- Experience of working within a large complex organisation
- Experience/understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
Please submit your application as soon as possible and if suitable, I will contact you to discuss the role further.