My Rapidly Growing Fintech Client are looking for a API Technical Author to join the team. Someone who is passionate about creating clear, concise and easy to consume content. You will support teams to improve documentations, provide guidance, integration guides, training and feedback. You will maintain the technical blog and API Portal.
· Define the technical tone of voice
· Develop and maintain house style and standards, providing technical advise and guidance in its implementation.
· Make sure of Accuracy, quality and consistency of technical documentation (API's, Guides, How-To Articles). Write, Review and feedback on API documentation for API users, such as API Reference Docs and Developer Guides.
· Adjunct documentation with how to integrate guides, API FAQs, tutorials, Launch Checklists etc. to provide a great developer experience and take responsibility for the continuous improvement and renewal of all technical content assets.
· Enhance developer documentation with relevant sample code i.e. creation of engaging samples and stories based on Platform capability - sharing Technical Blog / other channels.
· Develop and use various types of content types (workflows / process schematics / instructional videos / developer consoles) to simplify the user's understanding of the Open API's.
· Support the developer engagement and go-to-market teams in responding to developers queries and creating documents which answer questions asked by our customers.
· Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (ads, blog posts, newsletters, product pages)
· Promoting upcoming content to both employees via internal channels, and external via social media.
· Setup and manage a team of contractors or other authors to help support the initiative.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
To qualify for this truly unique opportunity API Technical Author's must possess:
· Strong Written and Verbal Communication
· Strong editorial experience with technical and digital products, such as API Portals
· Experience working with Software Engineering Teams (preferably in start up or an innovative technology business)
· Strong ability to design and develop a unified voice and technical written standards.
This is a truly outstanding opportunity that offers successful API Technical Author applicants unrivalled technical challenge, career progression and earnings potential.