Assistant Controller- Fund Accounting
Compensation: Up to 85k
A world-leading global investment management firm is looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) to join their finance team as an Assistant Controller. They are looking for a driven candidate looking for the next challenge and step in their career. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with an ability to deliver high quality work in collaboration with colleagues in different offices and service providers in different time zones.
- Review calculation of estimated and final NAVs for a group of hedge funds, including FX classes of investors, side pockets and SMAs
- Ensure management and performance fees/allocations are calculated in accordance with PPMs, IMAs, and side letters.
- Review fund operating expenses prepared by fund administrator and provide comments/changes
- Process expense payments related to the funds and review allocations based on the expense allocation policy
- Review of fund administrator-prepared annual financial statements, and liaise with external auditors and fund administrator regarding financial reporting and timely issuance of financial statements
- Compile information for due diligence requests from investors and counterparties, assist with other ad hoc
- Implement systems, processes, and procedures to improve efficiency while maintaining adequate internal control environment
- Experience working on credit market funds
- Public or a mixture of Big 4 & private accounting experience; 8+ yrs. of fund accounting experience
- Experience with investor and partnership allocations and related software (i.e. Backstop, Hedgetek, Investran, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Highly organized