Assistant Financial Controller - Inverness area - Permanent
We are looking for a qualified finance professional that has a proven ability in managing a team within management accounts. This role is based with a very diverse and successful client in Inverness.
You will support the Financial Controller in the delivery of a range of Management Accounting Services taking overall responsibility for day to day operations. Strong client and people management skills are essential within this role along with an inherent understanding of scheduling and resource management. You will possess strong technical and analytical skills and be an effective and persuasive communicator. You will be comfortable working alongside staff from different areas of the business and be driven to resolve challenging issues. You will be responsible for staff management and development to ensure trainees reach their full potential and deliver work to the required standard. You must be proactive and assertive with extensive practical accounting skills and proven commercial and managerial skills with drive and determination to succeed.
- Provide strong staff management within the department, developing a robust team of staff at all levels to deliver operational BAU
- Working closely with the Financial Controller and Training Manager to coach and mentor staff to reach their full potential
- Key client contact, ensuring that client needs are met by maintaining and developing quality controls
- Identifying areas where adding value to clients results in increased business and growth in fee income
- Work closely with the Operations Team to deal with the operational Onboarding of all new clients
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and senior accounting staff to keep abreast of staff and client issues and requirement
If you have strong experience in managing teams alongside strong decision-making abilities, then this role is for you.