This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world's leading investment banks gaining exposure to a wide array of transactions.
We are looking for a Mergers and Acquisitions Associate (M&A) to be an integral part in assisting the team in the management, identification, oversight and execution of all transactions, acquisitions, and disposals. Operating across all business areas and on a global basis. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved in an exciting role and have the chance to work with senior management and key stakeholders across the group.
This role will report into the Associate Director of M&A and play a key part in the business by conducting industry research and analysis, preparing complex valuation analysis and financial models and presentations.
Salary £70-80k plus excellent bonus potential and benefits
· Support deal negotiations
· Contribute to the start to execution of all transactions in the Group M&A team
· prepare qualitative and quantitative analysis in line with the financial evaluation when building challenging business case reports
· Maintain awareness of operational risk
· Assist the M&A team's management to develop and execute the Group's strategic and corporate finance / M&A objectives.
· Clearly communicate with other team members on the type of analysis and data presentation required and present both internally and externally in a professional manner that reinforces the client's values
· Collaborate with others to achieve overall goals of the Group Strategy and Planning team
· Act as a role model to represent the business
· Take responsibility for own decisions and actions
· Remain proactive throughout all assignments, acting in a confident and mature approach
Knowledge & Experience
· Financial institution/ investment banking/ consulting/ commercial banking background
· Excellent financial modelling, valuation, and execution experience
· Exceptional academic credentials
· Strong presentation skills
· Experience of bank capital rules and accounting issues applying to M&A
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, Reuters and FactSet
· Strong mindset and team player who can work independently to meet tight deadlines
· Willing to travel as and when required
Please apply ASAP if interested