Hydrogen Group are currently looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer for a 12-month contract with an International Bank. The role does sit inside IR35 and is paying up to £600 per day. The base location for this role is London and there is an expectation that you can travel to the office on occasion.
The Bank is looking for experienced DevOps engineers to grow their Global Cloud Services team, supporting a multitude of project teams across the world to adopt Cloud services.
Within the Global Cloud Services AWS Adoption team, the bank are specifically looking for individuals who are passionate about AWS and have built and supported a rich variety workloads across a broad range of AWS services.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of equally passionate and skilled engineers, architects and cloud gurus who evangelise the cloud, especially AWS, and enjoy helping others to adopt cloud services.
· Python developers who love automating solutions. If your Python skills aren't much to brag about, then a development understanding with excellent scripting skills would also work.
· Practical understanding of DevOps practises and Agile working techniques. You build it, you own it, you support it mentality.
· Demonstrable enterprise infrastructure delivery success stories.
· Good understanding of Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
· Proficient experience with CI/CD tooling including Jenkins, Git, Ansible, etc…
Nice to Have
· Broad experience working across many AWS services.
· AWS certification(s).
· Good Terraform skills.
· Linux or Windows certification(s).
· Good non-functional testing experience.
· An understanding of risk management and ensuring compliance against relevant regulatory processes.
· A belief that security is a fundamental aspect of delivering solutions and know what it takes to do so in an AWS context.
· Experience working in a highly regulated industry.
Please note that you require a valid right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.