AWS DevOps Engineer / SRE
9 month contract
£500-600/day (inside IR35)
Top skills - AWS, Monitoring and Alerting, AWS Cost optimization, Linux, AWS Kinesis.
What you'll do:
- Develop a telco grade PaaS capability for our client
- Design, document, and implement a PaaS solution to onboard and integrate vendor provided or requested applications with our client's telecommunications infrastructure.
- Take part in an on-call rota to action symptoms before they become outages.
- As a senior SRE engineer, be responsible for the engineering and support of production environments, including automation of patches, upgrades, reliability and performance improvements
- Ownership lab facilities for Dev & Test activities of PaaS
- Develop assurance, monitoring, and management capabilities for PaaS infrastructure using Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK stack.
- Act as technical escalation point for colleagues within the team.
- Act as a day to day technical point of contact for the engineers in other teams.
- Lead creation of automated reports for various services and PaaS infrastructure.
- Manage the operational playbook for the PaaS infrastructure and the services running within it.
- Automate dashboards and reporting for the platform against SLOs, SLAs and KPIs.
- Support managers with inputs on resourcing as needed.
- Monitor and manage Linux VMs, Containers and applications.
- Support and lifecycle management of various applications and services, including patching, upgrades, updates and troubleshooting.
- Plan and lead proactive disaster recovery testing.
- Work with suppliers to onboard their VNFs and CNFs
What you'll bring:
- Experience working with Public cloud, OpenStack, VM, Linux boxes
- Strong background automating the configuration and management of large-scale platforms: Linux, Git, any scripting language like Python, Go, Bash etc
- Experience in database deployment and management (SQL, NoSQL). Eg Couchbase, PostgreSQL
- Linux system administration & configuration management, primarily with CentOS or Ubuntu.
- Experience of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with automation/orchestration with tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Knowledge about web servers like nginx or Apache etc