My client, a well known publisher, has a need for an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll get involved with the technical direction as well as day to day coding standards and best practices. You'll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business. You'll feel comfortable
presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups and the like, representing the engineering work.
You'll find these skills useful in this role:
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Writing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code, especially Terraform and CloudFormation
- Ability to maintain build scripts written in a variety of languages (e.g. Bash, Go, Ruby, Python)
- Experience building test & delivery pipelines, especially with CircleCI
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, including Helm
- Some exposure to application development, ideally with Node.js