AWS Platform Engineer
6 month contract
£550-625 (umbrella/paye only)
Day-to-day you'll be exploiting your experience of delivering first-class solutions in an Agile environment. You'll be involved in mentoring where needed and help to build our development process and strategies. You'll drive continuous improvements and promote best practice in your team through your actions and behaviours.. With the understanding of the end-to-end process from a technical perspective, you will work closely with the Technology Lead, helping to deliver solutions that meet their requirements.
We want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We'll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
As a Senior member within the Platform Engineering team you'll have experience of:
Kubernetes (EKS Fargate; ACK)
- Architecting and delivering complex, enterprise-level infrastructure
- Managing cloud-based infrastructure AWS, Azure or GCP (beneficial) using Kubernetes (EKS/GKE /AKS/ self-hosted), or ECS
- Building and maintaining multi-stage CI/CD pipelines using tools like Gitlab, Bitrise, Sonarcloud, Snyk
- Automating infrastructure provisioning and configuration with infrastructure as code using cloud abstraction and deployment tools like Terraform, Helm, Argo and GitLab
- Security and compliance programming requirements on cloud (e.g. encryption, DLP, authentication standards)
- Proactively monitoring and resolving platform issues
- Strong communication and collaboration skills