About our Client:
My client is one of the fastest growing consulting and data analytics firm in Melbourne area. They are continuing their data journey and are looking for Big Data Engineer with exposure to AWS Technologies within their Melbourne Office.
An experienced Big Data Engineer you will be responsible for developing and driving the overall strategy and vision for data.
· At least 1 year of experience working with AWS webservices (S3, EC2 and Redshift)
· Design, Develop and implement Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or Spark; Ability to design and implement end to end solution.
· Experience working with Talend experience is good to have.
· Build libraries, user defined functions, and frameworks around Hadoop
· Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks around Hadoop eco system
· Develop user defined functions to provide custom hive, HDFS, Kafka and SPARK capabilities
· Define and build data acquisitions and consumption strategies
· Exposure/experience working with ETL technologies in Hadoop landscape for ingestion and transformation
· Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
· Proven ability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
· Work with support teams in resolving operational & performance issues
· Work with architecture/engineering leads
· Machine learning framework (Nice to have)
· Should have good stakeholder management and communications skills will allow you to successfully keep the team updated on deliverables and ensure key project stakeholders are aware of progress against project milestones.
The Successful candidate
With both permanent and contract positions available we encourage candidates with skills in the above area to contact the team at Hydrogen for confidential discussions. We are seeking intellectually capable, personable and change driven individuals who want to be part of a market leading consulting organisation. First class communication skills in both the written and verbal form will be required.
What's on offer?
The opportunity to work with world class thought leaders in the digital transformation, Big data, Data science, RPA and AI space. International and local career progression.