We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist II to join the team of a leading Biotechnology client of ours. This opportunity is located in Foster City, CA, and is offered on an initial 6 month contract basis. The successful candidate will conduct computational analysis of large datasets to support pipeline programs and discovery projects across therapeutics areas of oncology, inflammation, fibrosis and virology.
- Collaborate with RDS and IT colleagues to enable cloud-based data management platform
- Develop and maintain workflows to enable ingestion, access and analysis of data to accelerate discovery and enable decisions across research groups
- Collaborate with IT to maintain compute infrastructure that allows RDS scientists to process and analyze internally generated and/or externally acquired NGS and other large datasets
- A master's or PhD in bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Data Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or MS related discipline is required with 3+ yrs relevant Bioinformatics experience
- Proficient in statistical and programming languages, such as R, Python, etc. is required
- Experience in working with NGS data and developing/implementing genomic pipelines and workflows
Please apply with your most up to date resume to be considered.