Job Title: Business Analyst
Contract Duration: Initially 3 Months
Work Pattern: Hybrid - 2 days a month on site in Leeds
The role is working in the team responsible for our digital properties (web and mobile apps for UK, Germany and Italy). You will work closely with Product, Design, Architecture and Engineering teams to understand and deliver the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for the Products owned by your team. You will also interface with the Product Leads and development teams to build and maintain a well-refined and prioritised backlog, ensuring both functional and non-functional requirements are considered.
You will use JIRA to document requirements in the form of Epics and User Stories with Acceptance Criteria and other supporting content and work directly with the development team throughout the delivery lifecycle to eliminate ambiguity and ensure smooth delivery of high-quality software. You will lead requirement breakdown sessions (refinement/3 amigos) to ensure business objectives and user needs are thoroughly considered and understood, while also developing deep domain knowledge of the products/platforms owned by your squad.
You must also be able to maintain documentation and contribute to knowledge sharing across the team, ensure any identified key risks and issues are escalated and contribute to and help cultivate focused Agile working practices. Finally, you will work with other Business Analysts in the wider department to help support and build the BA community, championing sharing of knowledge and practices
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrable experience of working as an analyst on a range of projects within an agile software development environment is preferred
- Proven experience of performing a range of Agile analysis tools and techniques and able to advise teams on their appropriate use
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level and handle ambiguity with ease
- Great collaboration and facilitation skills. You should have the ability to get the best out of people and develop effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Understanding of app and web development technologies, techniques and practices
- Attention to detail and ability to logically analyst complex requirements
- Ability to work across multiple work streams and projects at any given time
- A passion for sports would be a bonus!