Business Support Manager - Hybrid - London
Competitive salary + Extensive Benefits
The primary responsibility of the role is to manage the credit relationship for customers classified on Watch and Recoveries. The aim is to return customers to good health, but where that is not practical to minimise provisions and maximise recoveries in as capital efficient manner as possible.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Lead Watch and Recovery customer relationships whilst demonstrating a range of recovery and restructuring techniques across the portfolios to reduce risks and align portfolios to the risk appetite.
· Hold a delegated authority (DA) to make credit decisions within the confines of the DA or to make credit recommendations to more senior personnel outside of DA.
· Visit customers to discuss the issues leading to the problem loan classification.
· For any development finance customers this will include site inspections to assess progress of development projects, monitor cost to complete, cost overrun analysis, and cash flow analysis relating to problem management exposures.
· Recommending appropriate loan restructurings where appropriate and preparing amendment credit papers and credit memos.
· Monitor Management Information and over-see security and documentation requirements.
· Develop strong, positive and open working relationships with the Bank's key stakeholders.
· Support the Head of Business Support to work with the CCO to ensure problem exposures are identified at an early stage, are overseen by Watch Forum and are formally handed over to control the Business Support unit in line with agreed triggers. This may involve customer visits alongside Relationship Managers and act in an advisory capacity.
· Ensure all conduct and compliance requirements are adhered to, and are at the heart of the Bank's approach.
· Support the Head of Business Support to ensure risk appetite and operational targets for problem account management workout activity are set, managed and monitored as required.
· Support the implementation of a strategy to increase the knowledge / share education of the management and restructuring of non-performing, distressed loans to support the development of an appropriate risk culture within the business.
· Maintain and manage pro-active and appropriate relationships with external suppliers to support Business Support and customer activity.
· Significant experience in credit risk roles including previous workout roles in SME and corporate lending.
· Ideally candidates should have experience gained across financial services and banking with a focus on Specialist Mortgages, with Development Finance or Asset Finance or trading SME's as beneficial. Preference is this experience includes undertaking customer facing roles.
· Extensive experience of working with senior executives and the Board on specific customer exposures.
· Strong awareness of the regulatory framework in both regulated and unregulated lending including Conduct and Compliance requirements.
· Proven analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of risk control systems, processes and reporting.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage teams, and also engage with clients who are facing stressed trading conditions.
· Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively with both risk and front-line relationship teams.
· Evidence of balanced and independent judgement with a proven ability to drive change.
If you are interested in this or would like to hear more please apply below or get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to discuss further.