Chief Commercial/Marketing Officer
Salary guideline, basic £130-180K plus bonus, benefits and excellent LTIP.
Scope of the role
An exciting, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial business is looking to appoint a high calibre Digital Chief Marketing or Commercial Officer (CMO or CCO) to be based in the East Midlands.
The CMO will have responsibility for managing and developing the sales and marketing functions that truly disrupt and deliver targeted and rapid growth in a way that embraces digital and data strategies to drive growth and reduce costs, delivering the strategic requirements of the Group's business interests. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
- As the newly appointed CMO OR CCO you will be responsible for Managing a team of circa 60 people across sales and marketing.
- You will be Highly Strategic and commercial, with the ability to target specific sectors and differentiate services.
- Creating and implementing sustainable and scalable sales strategies through disruptive and strategic Marketing and through the introduction of new creative products and joint services.
- Documenting and implementing the strategy of the Group through robust data driven decisions.
- Drive new sales across multiple channels, including: Digital online self-serve, Strategic alliances and direct tele-sales channels.
- Delivering clear Sales MI, including monitoring of return on investment in marketing and sales investments.
- Optimising the Group's customer journey and efficiency between prospect to win and on-boarding.
- Owning the digital strategy in regard to technology solutions and services for customers.
This will be a high impact, high profile position as the company embarks upon an exciting period of growth and transformation. Instigating and managing change, as well as managing and motivating the teams to deliver high standards of performance and developing talent are critical.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- Demonstrate several years of driving the Sales and Marketing strategy for a medium/large size organisation.
- Disruptive attitude with proven success in delivering rapid growth across a range of digital, telephone and strategic B2B relationships
- Proven planning and project implementation skills - ability to work under pressure and prioritise/deliver key projects and tasks, assessing risks and potential gains
- A strategic thinker with a sound understanding of business and commercial drivers
- A professional communicator capable of proactively managing senior relationships and working with stakeholders at all levels.
- Sector experience across, energy, telecoms, IT or financial service background or other sectors with high innovation and good digital customer propositions
- Good understanding of IoT / Connected business solutions
- Strong team management skills, demonstrable ability to motivate, influence persuade both within your own team and across the company.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in a leadership role in an agile and dynamic high growth business of comparable scale.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, and driven business in an influential position, at the start of the next stage in its growth.