Our client is on a mission to battle financial crime by developing software that detects money laundering.
We were founded in 2019 and currently are already a team of almost 100 people with 33 nationalities. Most of our teams are working from our Amsterdam office, and we also have presence in Groningen, Lisbon and London. This year we were acquired by Fenergo, an established Dublin-based Client Lifecycle Management company, that gives us financial stability and a lot of knowledge that will enable us to be even more successful in our mission to fight financial crime.
Chief of Staff
You will take a leadership role - with the mission to facilitate our scaling of 3x every year and boosting the effectiveness of the top team. Your focus is split on "Directed work" (execution focus) and "Leadership work" (strategic focus). In your role you are the right-hand person of the CEO, and work closely to the company's leadership team.
Desired outcomes and responsibilities
1. Leadership work: ensure nothing stands in the way of achieving our vision and of growth; help shape and manage wider extended leadership team behaviour and to encourage our teams to work together to achieve company goals and objectives - behave as the CEO when he is not in the room.
· Partner with leaders throughout the company to build business cases for next potential objectives. Conduct analysis and present recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the "follow through" of those recommendations (special projects). Including annual plan work.
· Embed data-driven management practices into the fabric, allowing teams to make high quality decisions, at speed while maximizing learning. Setting up (iteratively) an analytics infrastructure, processes and stimulating an experimentation mindset.
· Identify the key cross-functional loops to deliver on our goals, ensure our machine is humming (initiatives could include documenting processes through playbooks, ensuring the right interfaces between teams exist, etc.).
2. Directed work: boost execution on our strategic direction, from the leadership team to across the organization
· Become a communication pin for the company: make sure that everyone knows what to is important for success (incl. why we do things) and help pre-empt cross-functional miscommunication.
· Guide and improve our operating cadence across the company (annual plan, OKRs, KPIs & reporting, leadership meetings & offsites). In support of this you will set the agenda in service of our vision and growth objectives, help to create the presentation, document the meeting, and help ensure effective collaboration during the follow-up of actions
· Own the preparation for Fenergo / Investor Board meetings. Ensure CEO has up to date information from every function in advance (incl. board deck is prepped and financials reviewed), and meetings are ready for decisions.
3. Other outcomes; prepare for your next leadership role within or outside
· Embed independent financial decision-making in the teams, allowing other leadership team members to operate within budget, while being the entrepreneur of their function (supported by PO process).
· Serve as a proxy for the CEO by attending in place of the CEO and making decisions on the CEO's behalf. Play a role of gate-keeping to what is relevant for the CEO to be involved and what not.
· Run projects in functional areas to prepare for a next role.
· Experience leading a team (2+ years of people management).
· 4+ years combined experience in (at least one of):
- Operating role at a fast-growing (SaaS) startup in chief of staff or head of function role
- Strategy consulting or other analytical project management role, working with senior stakeholders
- P&L-responsibility in a larger tech company
· Capacity to become a senior leader.
· Proven ability to quickly learn new things.
· Concise written and verbal communication.
· Structured about how to prioritize work and time.
· Self-aware and interested in learning new leadership styles.
· High emotional intelligence and levels of empathy.
· Proven success in project coordination.
· Able to make a clear business case for proposals.
· Experience with data analysis and setting up reporting.
· Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior stakeholders on cross-functional projects.
· Based in Netherlands, able to attend leadership team meetings and quarterly offsites, open to travel to our other offices (London, Lisbon, Dublin).
· An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day
· A chance to see your work make a real difference in the world
· Work side-by-side with highly motivated people
· Flexible work - We believe happy, motivated employees build great products. Flexible schedule & work-from-home options are available, including a €200 budget to set up your home office
· Learning & growth - €750,- annual budget and dedicated 40 hours to spend on personal learning & development. Feel free to attend cool industry conferences or take a class
· Travel with class - Do you live too far to bike to work? Use your NS Business Card and take 1st class public transportation for work-related travel.
· Pension admin - Let us do the boring paperwork and make it easy for you to plan your pension. We also offer insurances and other protections.
· Bike plan - Get a big tax discount on your (e)bike or join the bike plan.
· Share options - participate in the company's employee option plan.
· Holidays & more - 25 yearly holidays and Gefeliciteerd! You also get your birthday off! The company also offers days off for life's big events, such as 1 day for moving & 2 days for your wedding.
· Contract - We offer all our employees a one-year contract, when we both feel it's a great match you will receive an indefinite contract afterwards.
· Make an impact - Your work directly contributes to fighting financial crime. Isn't that amazing? You're basically a superhero!