I'm currently looking to recruit a Senior Cloud Architect for a contract role in Edinburgh. The initial contract is 3 months but with probable extensions beyond that point.
You would be employed by a consultancy working on one of their large programme of work. The end client is a large media organisation.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at the end client are on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make the end company more relevant.
- formulate the cloud technology strategy to support Data and Analytics portfolios
- Research and explore new cloud technologies through proof of concepts to evaluate benefits and potential inclusion into the cloud technology roadmap
- Work with third party suppliers including Google to deliver increments to the platform
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions to showcase latest technology approaches.
- Work with portfolio managers, enterprise architects and solution architects to establish priorities for cloud capabilities in the backlog.
Required Skills set
- 7 or more years in role demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and developing complex, high-quality architectural solutions
- 3 or more years' experience in infrastructure, networking, database and security architecture for cloud-based solutions
- One or more GCP certifications including Professional Cloud Architect certification (or AWS/Azure equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of GCP networking including (VPCs, Service Perimeters and Interconnect)
- Excellent knowledge of cloud security including CMEK, CSEK, KMS, Encryption at Rest and in Transit, IAM and security best practices for building applications.
- Experience creating architectures with business continuity (backup & restore, resiliency, high availability and disaster recovery), compliance (CDDR, RTBF etc) and security considered as standard
- Expertise in the build of data and analytics capability on a Google Cloud Platform to create a 'data platform as a service'.
- Hands-on experience working with open-source analytical technologies like R/Python, Tensorflow and/or BI tools like Tableau/Power BI; Cloud analytics platform experience
- Strong programming skills in modern program languages across stack (e.g., Java, Node, Ruby, React, Angular, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of engineering best-practices, DevOps
- Excellent in designing scalable API microservices including experience with Kubernetes
- High level understanding of Machine Learning in a Data Analytics context