Compliance Business Partner Senior Manager - Central Eastern Europe & Distributors Markets
The Central Eastern Europe and Distributor Markets (CEED) Compliance Business Partner will serve as the primary point of contact for business colleagues across all regional Commercial, Medical, Clinical, Research, Development, and support functions. The Central Eastern Europe and Distributor Markets region includes Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic and non-affiliates markets.
The Compliance Business Partner will support the Compliance Business Partner, Director of CEED, and work closely with our Office of Business Integrity & Ethics (OBIE) Operations team and other regional Compliance Business Partners in further enhancing and implementing our Compliance program and will provide daily support to our business colleagues to ensure effective implementation and understanding. The Compliance Business Partner must have good knowledge of pharmaceutical industry regulations, applicable local codes, and anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws and extensive experience working for biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies on these issues. Additionally, the CEED Business Partner will work collaboratively with colleagues in OBIE, Legal, and the business to drive a culture of ethics and integrity across Company's's global organization. The role reports to the OBIE Business Partner, Compliance Director of CEED.
This is a remote eligible role, ideally based in Germany or in Austria and Poland.
If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, hands-on, and team-oriented environment where you can have a big impact on the organization, we'd love to speak with you!
- Serve as the point of contact for CEED regional business colleagues seeking tactical guidance on matters of compliance, integrity, and ethics.
- Provide Compliance oversight, guidance, and direction for regional business colleagues and identify areas where Compliance input and attention is required.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current and emerging laws, regulations, codes, and recent enforcement actions and inform and educate business colleagues with tailored communications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive fact- and risk-based decision making.
- Help to establish standards and implement procedures to ensure the Compliance program is effective and efficient.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and collaborate frequently with Legal, Human Resources, Internal Audit, and colleagues in other functional areas both in and outside of the CEED region.
- Support continuous improvement of the Compliance program.
Required Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Law degree and/or Compliance professional certifications and experience at a global pharmaceutical company preferred
- Solid experience working for or in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, with some in-house experience
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and codes relating to healthcare fraud and abuse and regulated pharmaceutical products, specifically anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws and pharmaceutical regulations and guidance.
- Proven successful experience in leading compliance program implementation in the affiliate countries of the CEED region.
- Local experience and thus understanding of the cultural fundamentals in any of the affiliate countries of the CEED region to successfully navigate and operate in all areas of integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to compliance, ethics and accountability.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of time.
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially PPT).
- Fluency in German strongly preferred.
- Consummate team player with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Demonstrable experience taking ownership of issues and providing timely, actionable guidance.
- Strong oral and written communication and influencing skills and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally proactively and pragmatically.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to meet goals given limited supervision; able to exercise sound judgment in balancing risks in ambiguous and complex situations and escalating matters appropriately.
- Demonstrated superior ability to identify areas for improvement in controls, systems, and processes and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data to analyze information while still seeing the "big picture".
- Confidence and professionalism to handle difficult conversations and discretion on sensitive matters.