Continuous Improvement Manager
SALARY: £60-70k (plus benefits)
About the client
The UKs leading recipe kit business is on a mission to change the way that people plan, cook and eat at home. They're one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the UK, the business has tripled in size in the last 24 months and they're now undertaking their biggest ever programme of capacity expansion. This is an exciting and challenging time for the business, particularly for the Operations and Supply Chain teams.
The Operational Excellence Team is responsible for making their operations world class. To deliver this vision it is imperative they continually improve their operations to improve customer experience, drive efficiencies and have an engaged team.
The entire team is enormously driven - they want to win this market. The environment, underpinned by their ownership principles, is highly dynamic, so everyone has measurable impact and can make a real difference.
Continuous Improvement Manager
To take their Operation to the next level, they're looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Manager to lead up efforts of becoming a world class operation in their site in Spalding.
The Continuous Improvement team works closely with teams in operations and technology to come up with solutions to their biggest customer and operational problems. This role sits in the Operations Excellence team and is embedded in the businesses supply tribe, to support cross functional collaboration.
As the Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be part of the senior leadership team on site who are responsible for driving performance across the site. Your role as part of this team will be to standardise and improve processes, remove wastes, improve on time in full experience (OTIF) and champion continuous improvement.
Key accountabilities and measures:
To become the nation's loved way to eat dinner they need to have in place a really robust operational platform across all of our sites. To ensure we achieve this vision you will be responsible for -
· Embedding the Fulfilment system across the site
· Conduct gap analysis to "best in class" to understand where they need to improve to support their vision
Work with the learning and development team to roll out new processes through engaging training
Change our customer experience and cost per order performance
You will lead the onsite continuous improvement team working hand in hand with the operation team to their biggest pain points, opportunities and embed solutions.
To move the needle on these key KPI's you will need to :
· Conduct detailed assessments of processes and systems to understand biggest opportunities to improve OTIF, efficiency or colleague engagement
· Work with teams across the organisation to prioritise these initiatives leveraging teams in technology and analytics to ensure we focus our efforts on the biggest opportunities
· Set a clear improvement roadmap for the site through collaborating with the supply tribe and onsite senior leadership team
· Own the delivery of the site continuous improvement roadmap ensuring that we deliver upon agreed target KPIs
Build a team that champions continuous improvement
Their ambition is huge and to deliver this they will need a high-performance continuous improvement team that is capable of driving value across multiple sites. You will need to hire, onboard and inspire a team of continuous facilitators.
The challenge does not stop there, to really amplify their impact you will need to create a culture of continuous improvement across all of the site. To do this successfully you will need to work with the learning and development team to ensure our operations team has the toolkit to make continuous improvement part of everyday life.
● Project management and/or change delivery with a fundamental understanding of different project management methods and when/how best to deploy them
● Commercial, analytical and able to prioritise between competing tasks quickly
● An ability to quickly build valuable relationships that you leverage to take people with you through change
● Certified in lean six sigma or other methodologies from a reputable institute or organisation.
● Exceptional communicator at all levels of an organisation
● Experience working at pace in a fast growth, dynamic business environment
● Industry experience across FMCG/E-commerce/Consumer Goods will be an advantage!
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
· Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
· Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
· Discounted - 40% staff discount on and 25% for family and friends
· Healthcare via Babylon Health
· Access to Academy training courses
· Gym Membership
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
· Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
· Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks