Location: San Diego, CA (Onsite)
Duration: 6-Month Contract
Pay Rate: $25-30/hour. As a w2 contract worker you are eligible to a benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401k vehicle and more.
Are you ready to be part of groundbreaking innovations in genomics? We are seeking a Contract Scientist 1 to join our dynamic assay development team in San Diego. As a key contributor, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of genomics technologies while gaining invaluable hands-on experience.
- Design and execute experiments under general direction
- Understand and troubleshoot assays
- Analyze and characterize experimental results by key assay performance metrics to inform next steps
- Organize and present experimental data clearly and concisely using JMP or R
- Maintain excellent documentation of experimental details that can be tracked and shared with the broader team
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biology, Bioengineering, or related disciplines
- 1-2 years of relevant hands-on laboratory experience
- Understanding and previous experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, and/or enzymology
- Good knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based techniques, assays, and protocols with sound laboratory skills
Additional experiences that are desired, but not mandatory:
- Experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) platforms and library prep protocols
Join our client in their mission to unlock the power of the genome and be a part of the future of genomics technology. If you're a passionate scientist with a desire to make a difference, we encourage you to apply.