Join an incredible team at a Biotechnology company that is advancing patient care for people with cancer.
This is a Remote role, though the candidate will need to be local to San Francisco for occasional training.
Pay Range: $50-57/hr.
The Accountant II is responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of certain General Ledger accounts including Fixed Assets and Accumulated depreciation, Cash and various accrual accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring G/L transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Prepare and book journal entries for month-end close, including sub ledger/ schedule to ledger reconciliations. Analyze all the reconciling items. Accounts include but not limited to: cash and cash equivalents, fixed assets and accumulated depreciation, and various accruals.
- Prepare and book daily bank journal entries.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations.
- Initiate and record wire payments.
- Maintain and improve the existing monthly PPE/CIP roll-forward by creating and updating the accounting schedules and analysis for PPE/CIP additions, disposals, and transfers.
- Collaboration with business to obtain proper support as it relates to any movements within PPE/CIP categories, incl. additions, disposals, and transfers.
- Perform reasonableness testing of depreciation expense.
- Annual PPE/CIP count procedures: coordinate the logistics with various locations, obtain deliverables and perform count-to-list reconciliations with documentation of findings, if any.
- Create and maintain responsible balance sheet account schedules for the assigned general ledger accounts for the month-end close.
- Prepare and file property taxes.
- Correspond with vendors regarding the unbilled services and respond to inquiries.
- Perform trend analysis on income statement and balance sheet accounts and ensure all significant fluctuations are properly explained and supported
- Assist in preparation of certain information based on requests from internal and external auditors (run various NetSuite reports, manipulate information in Excel, gather supporting documentation for PPE/CIP additions, disposals and transfers)
- Assist other Finance team members with ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years of related experience required
- Experience in NetSuite required
- US GAAP knowledge