The Contracts Manager will manage and oversee the execution of all contract requests. The successful candidate will work closely with the VP of Legal Affairs to oversee contract preparation, negotiation, and finalization of contracts as well as spearhead efforts to automate the contracts process.
- Negotiate, prepare, analyze, and revise contracts, providing responses to bids, proposals and contracts with a quick turnaround.
- Analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure that company interests are protected and advanced.
- Uses expert knowledge and experience to create template contracts and clauses.
- Efficient tracking and documentation of the contracts process.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations to ensure management awareness and engagement of the status and progress of contracts.
- Audit existing contracts, analyzing business risk and suggesting modifications, ensuring that business goals are met.
- Monitors contract performance, alerting the business of critical events, and to ensure deadlines are met.
- BA or BS in English, Business, law/paralegal or related subject required plus 5 years' experience managing contracts, preferably at least 3 years' experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech business.
- Experience in managing contracts in North America, Europe and Asia a plus.
- Strong organizational, planning, software, and presentation skills.