Our client are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager on a FTC 6 - 9 month contract.
- This is a review manager role for the corporation tax compliance and tax reporting obligations for the Group's c.165 UK subsidiary companies, and associated consolidation units.
- The role also encompasses group external tax reporting feeding into the group's Report & Accounts and quarterly Interim Management Statements.
- The main customer for direct tax compliance obligations is the UK fiscal authority, HMRC; the other main customers associated with the role are the group's external auditors, and colleagues in FC&R, including Bank External Reporting.
- Proximity to Edinburgh preferred for possible later office work but can accommodate remote working only for appropriate candidate.
- Review and sign-off responsibility for an allocated portfolio from the group's c.165 UK subsidiary corporation tax computations, CT600 returns and other returns, elections and related correspondence; preparation work on parts of more complex computations.
- Review and sign off responsibilities for the tax accounting for an allocated portfolio of the group's UK subsidiary companies, including current tax and deferred tax accounting and tax reconciliations; preparation work on parts of more complex tax accounting.
- Other compliance work such as Quarterly instalment payments and CT61 accounting etc.
- Annual Report & Accounts, quarterly IMS and monthly group consolidated tax accounting. Supporting external reporting Tax senior manager with consolidated tax reconciliations, tax accounting and document disclosure utilising a sound understanding of UK corporate law, IAS12 and related accounting standards and interpretations.
- Management of internal and external suppliers of financial data necessary for tax reporting and compliance production for a portfolio of group companies. Managing the supply of the necessary quality and quantity of financial data and subsidiary statutory accounts.
- Collaboration with colleagues and management of allocated areas of the group's internal tax accounting process, including group matrices, inter-co tax settlement process, and accounting for HMRC updates.
- Ad hoc corporate tax compliance related advisory and investigation projects and support as directed by senior management.
- Utilising change ready capabilities to effectively manage other internal & external change, such as statutory accounting & tax legislative developments.
- Management of SOX and SAO compliance obligations in respect of Subs team entities.
- Effective management and/or escalation of risk matters. Ensuring that the Subs team operate within risk appetite parameters at all times, thereby safely delivering key customer outcomes.
Skills & Experience
- CA/ACA/ACCA qualification (or CTA/AAT with proven accounting abilities).
- Several years experience of corporation tax in a UK professional firm or UK major group
- Several years of experience of statutory tax accounting in a UK professional firm or UK major group
- Up-to-date and practical knowledge of UK/IFRS accounting principles, practices and developments.
- Experience of managing complex and strategic projects including delivery within specified timescales.
- Experience in the management, skills coaching and development of tax technical staff.
- Sound general business and commercial awareness
- Strong project management and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Critical People Capabilities:
- Change Ready, Connected & Trusted Advisor: Proficient+
- Improver Innovator & Critical Thinker: Proficient