An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customer Journey Owner for mortgage products who will sit in the Financing Products and Services Department reporting to the Head. The journeys will include homebuying, change to contract, moving home and remortgaging
The role holder will own every aspect of the customer journey for mortgage products and therefore will need to work cross functionality to ensure any change management projects that impacts the journey are uncovered and the impact on the customer jourmey and the product sales are understood and a way forward is agreed in line with the Bank's strategy.
The role holder will work with the customer experience team to uncover the customer pain points, defining the ideal homebuying experience for the customers both now and in the future. In addition, the role holder will explore ways of reducing the processes undertaken by branch colleagues to ensure a more efficient end to end colleague experience.
The role holder will develop a suite of Management Information to include, customer insights, product sales data, complaints data and Vulnerable Customer insights. Having knowledge of the average timescales throughout the journey, the role holder is expected to develop strategies to reduce the time to each milestone such as Decision in Principle, to advice and recommendation, Offer and Completion.
- Be the visionary, strategic lead to develop and optimise the customer home buying journey.
- Adept in using research, insight and consumer behaviour to retain our exisiting customers whilst also striving to grow the mortgage business.
- Lead and align a cross-functional team to focus on the business objectives and customer goals to accordingly pritotise change
- Thorough understanding of the products, processes and systems supporting the customer home buying jourm
- Have an expert knowledge of UK market practices and strategies for mortgages and homebuying.
- Define and work with key stakeholders to achieve outcomes and key performance metrics
- Review and assess commercial/customer impact and define opportunities for new or optimised customer journeys relating to mortgage sales
- Support any mortgage related initiaitves within the Bank being the sponsor for prioritsation on the relevant Roadmap.
- Act as a partner to guide product owners and stakeholders on market developments and best practice
- Contribute to the Bank's sustainability ambitions within future state customer journeys
- Participate in pre-studies/projects regarding the products concerned
- Operates in line with the Bank's Risk Management framework (including sub-frameworks) and relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate and timely escalation of any concerns to their line manager.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Strong stakeholder management, able to bring people together along on the joruney with strong influencing skills and analytical thinking.
- Demonstrate a passion for working with an Agile mindset
- Remain flexible and resilient to changing business, regulatory or customer priorities
- Minimum of 10 years Retail Banking/Financial Services experience in a customer support or product related role
- Proficient in MS windows applications
- Detail orientated, good analysis and problem solving skills
- An understanding of regulated and non regulated lending products
- A thorough understanding of the Handelsbanken business model and products and culture (desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills in both written and spoken English
- An analytical mind-set with attention to detail and a methodical approach
Compliance with the 5 Conduct Rules
· Act with integrity;
· Act with due skill, care and diligence;
· Be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators;
· Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly;
· Observe proper standards of market conduct.
· Is business-oriented and focuses on the customer.
· Takes a long-term approach.
· Has the courage to make decisions.
· Is innovative and proactive.
· Takes responsibility for their own development.
· Has high ethical and moral standards.
· Likes good administrative order.
· Collaborates with others to achieve joint goals.
· Contributes to the development of operations and colleagues.
This is a permanent position for a top banking global company, with a very competitive salary.
LONDON / MANCHESTER