I'm currently looking to recruit a contract data architect to join a consultancy working with a retail bank. The role will be Edinburgh based once Lockdown has been lifted. The contract is for an initial 6 months.
The aim of the project is to deliver a cloud-based data lake.
The successful candidate will be working to design an Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated data model within an AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud environment. The warehouse will support query and reporting tools consisting of SAS, MicroStrategy and R-Studio
The data architect will advise and lead on the design of the migration strategy and data warehouse, providing core data principles that will be followed and clear specifications to the project team, allowing them to build out a cloud data warehouse that will support business user across the bank
Essential Key skills/knowledge/experience:
- Key deliverable will be to design a data migration strategy to move away from as is data platforms to target architecture
- Experienced in designing data architecture that focuses on creating a connected view of various data sources i.e. single customer view, information security, anonymisation/tokenisation etc.
- Strong technical design expertise in core data architecture disciplines including data modelling, data analysis, metadata management, data transformation, data migration and master data
- Experienced in defining and documenting data principles to be followed by the data department and users requesting access to data
- Knowledge of Data Governance best practice techniques and standards, aware of wider data technology trends
- Be familiar with data management considerations including data quality, data lineage, metadata management
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience of using AWS/Azure products and technologies
- Agile Scrum Teamwork
- Previous experience of financial services projects