Hydrogen Group are currently looking for a data engineer for an initial 6-month contract. The end client is a large telecommunications company based in London. The role is a hybrid working position with an expectation to been onsite a couple of days per week. The rate is £550 per day inside IR35.
The successful candidate will join an Anti-Piracy team who will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data pipelines as well as optimizing data flow and collection within the Anti-Piracy Team
The Data Engineer will support software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
· Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture on the cloud
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet the teams' requirements.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
· Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
· Keep data separated and secure across boundaries
· Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
· 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics,
Experience using the following software/tools:
· GCP, Tableau, Splunk
· API Integrations
· Experience with scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc. would be encouraging
Please be aware that you need a legal right to work in the UK to be considered.